I've been feeling really good about life lately. I've stepped up and am trying to get into the mode of "success." Doing things that make me feel good and starting over. I need a fresh start. Our dogs have been moved from AZ to MN to stay with his parents until everything is settled. Now that they're gone, I can do a good cleaning of the house.
I made a list and the goal is to have the entire house clean and like new for my new life to start when I get back from vacation. It's going to feel so good to actually come home to a clean house, and not just the get-by clean I used to deal with when he was here, but the clean to my standards. Or maybe I should say, to my mom's.
I started by washing the slipcovers. Twice. With bleach and on the steam cycle. Then I ironed them. I'm cleaning out the fridge, scrubbing the floors and all three bathrooms whether they need it or not. This house will look GREAT by the time I'm back! I'm moving on, forward, and full-force ahead!
Then just like that I'm not. Instead I feel betrayed. Again. And it's not like I didn't know that this was going on, but knowing it and SEEING it are two totally different things. I'm annoyed with myself. Why is it that I still let him get to me? Much of the ickiest stuff is over, at least the stuff that involved work. I thought that all the paperwork was stressing me out. Wrong!
Next Goal: Get over him!
Question: How?
Hey Jess,
ReplyDeleteHope you don't mind that I saw your link to your blog on FB and I am following it. Sorry to hear of this news of you and Dave. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that things will continue to look up for you and little Evan.
Lauren