Saturday, June 26, 2010

Who Are You?

Suffice it to say that I know relatively little about myself after being with the same guy since before I was 16 years old. The two of us grew quickly to be one entity, both to ourselves and our friends. Our two names came out like one. But now it's only one name. And it's difficult to really know what I enjoy myself, because we rarely did our own things.

So I have begun to start really examining myself. Who am I? That's the million dollar question. It's one that I never really minded not knowing. It sounds crazy, I know, but it's true. To really discover myself, I plan to do some "adventuring." I know what I've always imagined I would enjoy but I don't know that that's really true if I haven't done it.

What do I know so far?
1. I've really begun to enjoy a good movie on a weekend night. And with 3 months of free Starz and Showtime, as well as a DVR, I should be in pretty good shape!
2. I enjoy reading. I rarely took time to read before now, but I have been before bed lately. I like it.
3. I really dislike being alone. I'm sure this will get easier with time, but for now, it sucks!
4. I DO like doing the outdoorsy stuff: camping, hiking, etc. If it wasn't so dang hot here, I may do more of it. Of course having a 4-month-old makes it kind of difficult right now.

And so my journey has slowly begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment