Friday, June 25, 2010

The Long Road Ahead

I'm starting this blog in hopes that it will be a therapeutic experience. I don't really care if I end up with any followers (although if I do, I would be thrilled) because really, this is something I'm feeling the need to do.

After eleven years of being with my one and only, we are headed for divorce. It seems lack of communication and mutual respect for one another seeped through the cracks of what I thought was an infallible relationship. Our life seemed perfect to me, we moved to Arizona together, both started working in our fields, bought a house, and had our wonderful little boy, all in under two years. It was time for us to settle down and just enjoy being a family together...or so I thought.

Regardless of how the notion of divorce came to be, the idea of our marriage being "irretrievably broken" as the courts so elegantly word it, here I am. Alone. My husband has left our home, and we find ourselves fighting over the stupidest, most mundane things, as well as the one ("the only") thing we have in common anymore, our son. And I hate it.

I don't believe in divorce. I think it's a cop out. So I decided that I could bring us closer together, at least to the point that he would be willing to work with me. Even after the divorce papers were served to me, I tried to fix it. By myself. Over the last two weeks I have finally accepted it...

Alone. Looking timidly into the future. In Arizona. Without family. With wonderful friends. But still alone. I have a long road ahead of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment